South American Bumblebee cats

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Converting
Location 1: Calgary, Alberta Canada

South American Bumblebee cats

Post by Converting »

I am a cichlidaholic, but starting to get into some cats.

I bought a couple of these guys at big als in Calgary. No latin name and they said they did not have them. They told me they get about 8-10 inches so I automatically thought Zungaro Zungaro(which is what I was looking for). Then up at the till the lady told me the get about as big as your finger.(microglanis) How can you tell the difference between the two?
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Check out this thread.
Converting

Post by Converting »

Thanks for that. While it is still a mystery what it is I do know it is not asian as I have one) and it is not zungaro. How big is that thing??? I always thought they only got 10 inches. They were cheap $5 do you have any idea what it could be,

To tell you the truth what I would like is a cat that gets under 2 feet and can go with more aggressive cichlids. (without eating them) I also like the look of bumblee types.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

This is what <i>Microglanis</i> looks like:
They grow to about 3 inches max, so there's a distinct possibility of them ending up as a cichlid snack.
<i>Zungaro</i>, OTOH, is a monster that will grow to just a shade under 3 feet.
Converting

Post by Converting »

Thanks again. I swear I will never shop at big als again and keep going back. I have never bought anything from them that was actually what they told me.

Return to “What is my catfish?”