L163 and L262

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Graeme
Location 2: Newcastle, England

L163 and L262

Post by Graeme »

Would anyone know if the two above Plec's will fight? It's just because i've noticed my L163 has some marks on him.

Thanks.
Graeme.
Plec0maniac
Location 1: Manila, Philippines

Post by Plec0maniac »

Plecos tend to be territorial as of all types of fish. This might lead to aggression, and this might lead to bite marks and stress. How big are your fishes? what is the tank size? do you have enough hiding places??
Too many gorgeous loricariids
So hard to obtain! Grrr....
Graeme

Post by Graeme »

They are about 3 inches at the moment. Tank size and hideing places are not a issue into how this has happernd with them living in a 95 gal with loads of bogwood, live plants and sand. Will they just show aggression when they cross paths for food?

Graeme.
Ben
Location 1: PEI, Canada
Interests: Fish, Computers, Comic Books, Nature

Post by Ben »

With lots of hiding places, lots of wood, I don't imagine they will go out of thier way for a scuffle. With mine, any time I have added a new one to the mix, there is a day or so of agression, with the boss being established. I make a point of cattering the food at feeding time. Sometimes they will bump, but that's usually just between my 2 male rubbernose.
Graeme

Post by Graeme »

Cheers Ben! Things are fine now. Just the "nice to meet phase!" :D

Graeme.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”